There is nothing more wonderful, than what it feels like to be in the presence of such beauty, wisdom and grace.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

What makes you HAPPY??

Anxiety is something that over time, takes hold of us like a spider spinning a web. The web starts small and lightly wraps around you slowly, increasing in size until its perfectly spun; a trap. The thought of it is almost suffocating. When your sitting alone inside your head - how do you feel? That is the question.

Catatonic? Idle? Well at least on the outside. Whats beneath all the clothes Jodie Stewart? We know this blog is about me, my thoughts, my ideas and those who know me and read this will see there's more beneath the surface. We let people in and push them away. I spent the day with my dad. I took him to his employment interview, we had lunch and went for an hour walk along the beach. It was stunning. Warm sand through your toes, an almost crystal clear sky and small surf crashing softly as it rolls in. We headed to Target as dad needed a new electric fry pan. The sign in the queue read 'what makes you happy?'. I waited and said sunflowers. They shine so bright, always face toward the sun and soak it up until they brighten even more. A field of sunflowers would be an amazing sight. Okay, riding towards a field of sunflowers with the person you love, even more amazing. We all have dreams, right? Dad said an orgasm. Typical! I just huffed and said, 'yeah well, they don't last as long.' It was just an interesting sign to have at a queue line. If everyone read it, they would stop and think for just a minute the importance of standing still, letting the world pass by and resting our minds. What is most important to you?

Leave a comment below and let me know for i am intrigued. We are all individuals and unique in how we look and what we say or do. We may walk through a crowded shopping centre and see a string of oompa loompas, (you know, barbie blonde hair, orange tan, anorexic, bad make up - an epidemic of the mannequins contaminating everything) but apart from that, what do you see? Its just an image it isn't them, that's not the real person because below that we ask ourselves, whats beneath all the clothes oompa loompas?

I want everyone to do something...You may shrug this off, laugh and consider it useless. But trust me. Go to the mirror and what do you see? Are you everything you want to be? If not, what do you want. Tell yourself, laugh at your insecurities and your fears. Notice them for what they are and show yourself your more than that and you can be strong, courageous, fearless and without anxiety. You can be independent and you are worthy. I know i am, however at the same time i know i struggle to see things clearly. I have a very stubborn friend who won't let me fall.

Believe. Believe with all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment