There is nothing more wonderful, than what it feels like to be in the presence of such beauty, wisdom and grace.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

mindfulness, the new happiness

My dog is the one thing in my life besides my mum that constantly makes me happy. Shes beautiful, crazy and a little shaggy but i love her spontaneity and excitement. She always puts a smile on my face. This video is when i just taught her to follow food to dance. It was taken a few months ago now and she has advanced further to a cleaner turn but shes so gorgeous.

 Im really missing my best friend and i'm finding it very difficult to cope. I try and find things to do to distract myself but the truth is it doesn't make it any better. I have another headache, and this one didn't come until about ten minutes ago and im completely frustrated. I thought i managed a day without one. Nope, i was wrong. Time to watch Futurama soon and curl up into my nice warm bed with Henry (my giant plush elephant).

You know, each day goes by and people at work generally think i'm okay. They see you and say 'hey, how you going?' im on auto pilot: 'good thanks and you?' - when really, i just want to break down. I try really hard to not show my emotions to everyone, a few friends see them but they understand what i'm going through and do all they can to help. Ive never been a fake or pretentious person therefore i struggle if i'm trying to walk around with a big smile on my face striking conversations with people. Lately, i only want to talk to a few... Tomorrow is a public holiday (yay). Pay day can't come soon enough. I left my swimmers on the floor in the cove.. ew, will have to get there early and wash them. And.. I Guess im going dancing tomorrow night instead of billys beach house metal night, which i was going to attend anyway with my brother, oh well. Boys night hey? Nice..

2 comments: