There is nothing more wonderful, than what it feels like to be in the presence of such beauty, wisdom and grace.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Une nouvelle vie à Paris

Translation - A new life in paris.

I am absolutely loving learning french and reading 'Almost French'. Its seductive, sultry, independent, eclectic and the list goes on. A beautiful contrast of cultural clashes and understanding between the way an aussie girl can walk to the bakers in her trackies, thongs and an old singlet where as a french lady wouldn't be caught dead in it. The french pride themselves in their appearances always. The way Sarah explains the characters she meets, how she starts to fit in and just how different her and Federic (her french husband she left Australia for a new life in Paris) really are. Its a beautiful story of love in a city where beauty never sleeps.

Nothing compares.

Im looking on the bright side of things lately. Everyone is really supportive and im meeting new people, and catching up with some old friends who i miss dearly. I believe this is an important time in my life to get back to the things i love and catch up with those ive drifted away from. Im really looking forward to seeing my first love tomorrow. Coffee and breakfast. A friendly catch up. Then perhaps off to a bush walk with the person i care most for in my life (beside mum of course) my besty. My mate. Hopefully the weather is good and we both feel like it! I am in need of some fresh open air and a good walk though. Good for the blood flow, good for my lungs and good for your heart. Definitely looking into doing an arts degree at uni majoring in film and im Sending off my volunteer application form for Australia Zoo. Need to spend some time emailing my family and some friends overseas to let them know whats been going on in my life. Its getting closer to me turning 21 and i really can't wait. Im not having a party, i cant afford it and quite frankly id rather save my money and spend it with people who want to spend my birthday with me, not just those who come for the free drinks and stay for the music. There not real friends, they are acquaintances. Those people you add on facebook and then just never say anything to (these people you should just delete)

Ill keep this note short tonight as i'm in need of a long hot shower and some decent shut eye. I wantd to share some interesting quotes ive been thinking about lately.

Life is meaningless only if we allow it to be. Each of us has the power to give life meaning, to make our time and our bodies and our words into instruments of love and hope.

- Tom Head


To wish you were someone else, is to waste the person you are


Now that is a very important one. As a female that grew up in the world of dance i always thought i had big legs and extra fat i guess. Simplest way to put it. And when i look at myself in the mirror i pretty much add 5 kgs and see something everyone else doesn't. I see the other girls at work with their smaller legs and smaller frame bodies but i need to realise thats them and this is me.

And lastly..

Just remember that when you grab something: grab it. When you let it go, let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment