There is nothing more wonderful, than what it feels like to be in the presence of such beauty, wisdom and grace.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

my opening night

So clearly thinking is a part of our everyday life. It doesn't just happen in a blink of an eye, thoughts are generated in our minds everyday from the moment our eyes wake from our slumber of sleep, during sleep - aka our dreams, and every time our brains absorb something. So every minute, right?

You may be wondering why i've chosen the title then 'Thoughts at 21.' Well, it's my little stab at society's preconceived notion that your an adult when you turn 21. You make important decisions, your nearly finished your degree, you probably have a stable job, your saving for a house and blah blah we all know how it goes. But what about the real deal.

Truth?

I'm turning 21, next month in fact. I deferred from my Film and Television degree at Bond University and wont be going back. I've racked up $5000 in credit card debt. I've got no savings. And im living back with my mum, my animals and my two brothers who are 23 and 26. Hmm... What was i originally going to do at 21? Be living in Melbourne working at Melbourne Zoo shooting documentaries on the side with a completed film degree and possibly an internship saving to go to Paris, France music festival.. ouch! Oh and lets not forget be pregnant with my first child. Wow. Its funny the ideas you come up with about how your life will turn out when your 21, at 14 years of age.

So here's to me. About to turn 21, and blogging about my life. Lets get ready for the ride of a lifetime. My life.

No comments:

Post a Comment