There is nothing more wonderful, than what it feels like to be in the presence of such beauty, wisdom and grace.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bruises slowly fading


I find myself sitting alone on the verandah out in the crisp air with only the moonlight, to help brighten up this night. I don’t know what to believe anymore; except for that I know what I am doing is right. I find myself in a deep, dark place contemplating as my fingers hover above the keyboard keys, each shake tingling my hands as if controlled by a master musician, a puppeteer on string, crafting this clever plan, misguiding me and allowing me to fall deeper in this hole. If only I had no emotion. Give me a blank slate and spare me from your pretentious tidings. Show me what I mean to you and be the person I know you can be because I’ve seen it. I’m tired of silly games; late night text messaging and facebook poke after facebook poke. I was here and am here but for what? You know, I ask myself this question each evening before I close my eyes to sleep. How frustrating it is, when all you want to do is hear from the one person who knows they will make you smile if they text and say ‘I care’, yet you never get the memo. You always seem to hear from everyone else, or past interests/flings, ex partners, old friends and never the person you’d most like to hear from. If only they knew the power one simple message could do. I’m glad I’m not at home although I am missing my mum and my beautiful dog, oh and of course not to forget a few of my best girl friends. There’s been many a struggles I’ve endured and through thick and thin they’ve shown me the respect and decency, offered their honest opinion (whether I like it or not) and been there with open arms for comfort. I’m a big girl and I can handle it when I make the wrong choices and steer down the wrong path.  Right now, I wish I could turn off my emotions and turn off my mind. Im not in my own bed and my own space but im in another city with the same old tired and weary face. I feel like I’ve wasted my time in supporting a friend I really care about. Why do I care so much when I’m not offered any kind of support myself, or even a phone call or text message yet I hear how they’re doing from somebody else. Quite frankly, I’d rather have not known.
Shrug it off cos’ shit aint worth it. I need to sleep. These late nights are doing my head in. The headaches are continuing and the bruises slowly fading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment