There is nothing more wonderful, than what it feels like to be in the presence of such beauty, wisdom and grace.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Spring is in the Air

Looks like a pleasant Friday nights evening relaxing, watching tv and resting for a big night tomorrow for the predicaments birthday. I should be dancing in Broadbeach styling it up with modern jive but after work i hit the pavement for 50mins with Jenna, my 2year old spoodle (unintentionally) then came home and did strength training for 40mins. Boy was i exhausted! After a long hot shower, i step out smelling like coconut and seething because i left my coconut oil at a friends place. DAMMIT!! I switched off my iphone just as U2's 'City of blinding lights' song came home (by the way, AMAZING) and sat down to watch the end of Neighbours (no its not sad at all - Benno loves Home and Away... okay it's sad..) with a bowl of veggies and bolognese. Scrumptious. To top it off, a scoop of Boysenberry Patch from Baskin and Robbins and of course i shouted my brothers to it aswell... hmm you know, i had a pretty good day today! Beautiful weather, a little hot even at times, and a good laugh all day. Animals are definitely cute. Instead of porpoising around the pool one of the younger Australian Sea Lions was practically belly flopping, pretty funny to see. The seal is very enthusiastic when it comes to training and puts in 120%. Very cute! Saw some old friends and caught up with their recent adventures, plans for the future etc. PS: to one of the most gorgeous ladies at work, I'm so excited your having a baby girl!! You look beautiful:)

I'm feeling really happy lately and i know its because instead of feeling exhausted and fatigued i have energy. Ive been eating properly, taking my appropriate vitamins and making sure i have the most important meal of the day - breakfast. I'm saving and only buying the things i need for everyday living and counting down the days till i start my volunteering at Australia Zoo. Fingers crossed Elephants (Bimbo, Siam and Sabu) and fingers crossed i can start Resort Tours again soon. I'm seriously kicking myself at the moment for not applying for the marine mammal trainer position and i definitely won't make that mistake twice... The health and well being of animals is very important to me, and looking after my turtles, my cats and Jenna, and learning all i have about the marine life seaworld has to offer makes me thirsty for more. These creatures are amazing - from the little bi-colour chromis fish to our Dusky Whalers, our Australian Sea Lions, the dolphins and of course our Polar Bears. Each animal is so unique in its own way and they are well-adapted for their environment.  Each day i learn something new and it's what keeps me going. Sure, work has its ups and downs but nothing is smooth sailing and i guess, that's what keeps it interesting. Sometimes you get along with people and sometimes you don't. We all work together but should treat each other like friends.

On that note, i'm getting my open water dive licence (especially needed for Cairns in January) and looking into a morning swimming session twice a week to gain my strength back - since the weather is heating up. I'm also looking at getting my boat licence so i can drive a boat and trying to volunteer. I'm feeling good about the next few months and looking forward to what next year has to bring. Bring on 2011... its going to be a BIG year full of fun, excitement and adventures!! YEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment