There is nothing more wonderful, than what it feels like to be in the presence of such beauty, wisdom and grace.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

NaKeD

To save yourself from falling, a guardian grabs in plea,
A sudden death match, the ring is open, i’m ripped unto my knees.
My nakedness is enveloped by weathered skin: one inch thick,
the cold snapped quickly around my iris, pathetic it must seem.

Held idle, yet surrounded by an army of myself,
I ostracised my soul and held captive my voice.
my thoughts are fading fast into a shattered frame of hope,
red footprints stain the sand the blood crawls i cannot cope.

The rope is flimsy but denotes a blurry array of colours
strung around my neck, the circle of life, my faith,
a shower of shattered mirror pieces falls around my body,
i’m frozen, it cuts my skin... tears fall down my cheeks.

I cannot explain the feeling of paranoia i feel,
through the glass its winter, but im naked, trapped by lock and key
dreams are my escape into a distant realm of fun,
imprisoned by my reality, can this web be un-spun?

The black man calls for me down a hallway unknown,
He asks for his forgiveness and begs for my return,
I do not trust this place that he has brought unto me
a cloud of smoke envelopes me, the fear sets in, can it be?

A figment of my imagination, a lost soul, perhaps a ghost
asking for my help, are they afraid also?
Trapped together in this world of unjust, hate and silence
each tick of the clock clicks by im searching for an escape.

my clothes are lost into the dark, depths of the floor beneath me
the hardened surface scratched by fingernails, those before me
maybe if i just stop, relax and find my happy place
everything will fall and reveal an empty space.

No comments:

Post a Comment