There is nothing more wonderful, than what it feels like to be in the presence of such beauty, wisdom and grace.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Eternal Quest

Life is an eternal quest about knowing oneself. Don't be afraid to explore, dream and discover for what lies beyond our front doors is a world of adventure, discovery and meaning. If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place. For the moment, this is the stage i'm at in my life. I've been closely in and out of this stage since may 2007 but will do everything in my power to move forward, explore and exude passion and enthusiasm in everything i do. The world moves in mysterious ways and the best things in life are spontaneously unexpected, gloriously overwhelming and put simply, unforeseen. As i've said earlier, each little step turns into one leap forward and slowly, each day i am achieving this. Sure, there's always setbacks and hurdles we need to overcome but if we change our frame of mind and see them as challenges, then it's possible to overcome these.

My goal in life is to live everything i do with passion and excitement. I aim to be generous and warmhearted, creative and enthusiastic, broad-minded and expansive, faithful and loving. At times i'm moody, intolerable, independent, ambitious, open, erratic and so on, but i believe in myself and i believe that anything is possible.

As Henry Ford once said: "Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realise this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching forward." I couldn't have said it better myself. Our minds thrive on challenges and therefore build our 'life experience' database, so in the future we can offer advice to those in need and nurture our children. We are all imperfect, living in an imperfect world and these setbacks teach us how important motivation, courage and bravery is. Just like with our emotions, if we didn't experience sadness, grief and the such we wouldn't appreciate the times when we are happy.

Each day my aim is to learn something new whether it be about the world, a particular animal, about myself or family etc i want to be able to go to sleep knowing i gained a little more knowledge and wisdom to add to my 'database.' Each week i've decided to challenge myself with something new to keep my mind open and try different things. This week was to begin a consistent regime of pilates, yoga and modern jive. It is only wednesday but success so far. As the weather heats up swimming at least twice a week for 30mins will be on the agenda to help ease my asthma and it is on the way to work so why not. Each month i aim to move closer towards paying off my credit card debt and inch by inch move closer towards saving for Cairns, Egypt, England and whatever else takes my fancy. Each year i aim to stand tall and be proud of everything i not only accomplished but gained and learned along the way. To stand with my family and loved ones and know that that particular year was something special. In 5 years? I'll have a finished degree, be healthy and fit, a confident yoga teacher and achieved ultimate stillness. Life isn't a fairytale, and we write our own paths based on our wants and needs, and i'm determined to create and be blessed with a fairytale ending: a happy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment