There is nothing more wonderful, than what it feels like to be in the presence of such beauty, wisdom and grace.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Heroes and Villains

Come on pretty mumma
get up and dance 
the musics loud and pumping
and we need to take a chance!

My mum is the hero of my life, my rock, my ever flowering sunflower; I carry her heart with me, i carry it in my heart. When we believe in ourselves, we have this feeling we can accomplish anything, that's exactly how i feel. They say the world is your oyster, but i hate oysters and they smell. The women in my life mean so much to me, more than any man could right now (beside my father of course) and one beautiful princess in particular has made my life easier.  I haven't seen her for a few weeks now yet we converse often, especially on Facebook and i'm thinking of her always. I want only health and happiness for her. She has one of the kindest hearts and cares so deeply for her friends and i want her to know i love her to pieces. Miss Pinnell <3

The story of Romeo and Juliet is one of romance and sacrifice at best, and i'm eagerly awaiting to see the Queensland National Ballet perform this tale with the girl whose like a sister i never had, miss Juliet. One of the most beautiful dancers i've ever seen and i'm so proud of how far she has come, i almost cried when i saw her dance for the first time in more than a few years. These are a just a few of the heroes in my life who make me realise how important friendships are. Forever cultivate and grow your friendships, for when all else fails in your world, your friends are with you every step of the way, even at the hardest times when all you want to do is shut people out. I raise a glass to you all. The last few weeks have been tough, even though yoga and pilates bring a beacon of hope and happiness to me, its been tough. The support and courage my friends have shown make me feel blessed and like i say to mum when times are tough, 'you should just get a tattoo.'

I cant believe its February 11th already.  No wonder i'm hearing a constant chorus of 'time goes so fast!' I've achieved a lot thus far and can't wait to see what the next few months have to bring. Im poor, i can only afford petrol at the moment, i'm eager to head to brisbane for a day by myself around the art gallery and south bank, i mean who can afford to go shopping these days? You never know, i could meet someone on my travels. It's just that constant attitude, responsibility, constraint and blah blah growing up hoo har that plays in my head, but right now i'm aiming to be the hero in my life. I don't want any villains (negative vibes, bad feelings, people, bullshit and work mess) get in the way of the life i want to lead. Number one priority = me.

In cleaning today the conversation encompassed 'being a good judge of character.' I feel everyone has a good judge of character to some extent, but its my belief it depends on your own upbringing, values, emotional IQ and emotional understanding as to how well you read other people yourself. I test myself on this quite a bit. Usually after i've realised things about certain people and instead of getting myself caught up with it and wishing i knew it earlier, now i just shrug it off and move on. When i learn things about people the bell goes off with a loud 'ding ding ding!' and its either good or bad. At the end of the day, learn from the mistakes, trust your gut instincts and you should go a long way.

If you were in the ring, would you stand there and wait for the other person to make the first swing, or would you trust your gut, move quickly and strike? What would a hero do?

No comments:

Post a Comment