There is nothing more wonderful, than what it feels like to be in the presence of such beauty, wisdom and grace.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Projects, projects full steam ahead!

I made a promise to myself i would write more posts in this blog the past month. I promised i would divulge to my readers (the few you may be) more details regarding my intermittent blogging absence. Why i make promises like that, i'm not sure, because another month is nearly over and do you know how many details are in just one month? Of course you do, you're living beings just as i am doing what we do best day to day: living. Well there are lots of details i can tell you thats happened over the past few weeks and yet again i sit here staring at a dam blank screen. What's the point you may ask? Come on, let us in on your rock bottom my subconscious chimes. I mean, that's what i want to know when i'm reading other peoples blogs. I peruse the posts and pages and i'm thinking "okay, get to the point," and "whats the bottom line here?"

I have four projects currently underway!

1. My new website. As a budding writer I have always wanted to write articles for my very own website, so i have created a brand spanking new blog where i am the creator and author. I will discuss more details about this later, and when everything is set up and ready for public scrutiny, i will post the link on here.

2. Time Management. Time management has not always been a main priority of mine, however, since i currently have a few projects underway, such as this blog, finding a job, studying, working for my brother etc. i have found a new way to manage my time. I have been using a diary all year but have also just started using a daily tasks day planner to write down what i'd like to achieve in the day and then prioritise these tasks by giving them a number. At the end of the task i mark a tick or cross under the 'completed' box. I also devote specific time frames to those tasks.

3. Scrapbooking. I have found a fabulous way to be creative and also keep my mind busy. The days are flying by.  Yes, its scrapbooking. After all my years of dance training i have so many photos its hard to choose which ones to use half the time but i like being creative and innovative and doing something different. I have a dance album to complete, and an album of myself from 1 to 21.

4. Finding and cooking (or baking) healthy recipes. I have a newfound joy in cooking and baking and love trying different recipes and creative healthier versions.

And lastly, studying. Thats self explanatory.

I am also helping my brother out with his business selling websites for small to medium sized businesses that are optimised for mobile. I am a busy girl, keeping my mind occupied, staying up late writing and putting together content for my website. Its nice to keep the mind busy in a calm and stable environment. Not only is it relaxing, but is what i am using as a coping mechanism or better termed a coping strategy to help me deal with my boyfriend being away working a lot. I believe this is proactive coping, as its a coping response aimed to head off a future stressor. In psychology, coping is expending conscious effort to solve personal and interpersonal problems, and seeking to master or minimise and tolerate stress. So far, so good.

I have a throbbing headache and my eyes are struggling to stay open. There are many exciting things to look forward to over the next 6 months but im still counting down the days, as always. One day at a time and i'll see you when im looking at you smeff.

Until the stars fall,

JP x

No comments:

Post a Comment