There is nothing more wonderful, than what it feels like to be in the presence of such beauty, wisdom and grace.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Such is life

I've been drawn into this world of freedom, peace and serenity. Happiness is just a tear drop away and sadness doesn't last forever. We all overcome feelings of hurt and anxiety, and when we feel lost, someones there to pick us right back up and lead us in the right direction. Maybe it's a close friend, an old friend, or your family or maybe waking up in a new state to young cows mooing and chickens roaming around a pen. Sometimes, all it takes is a slice of some new scenery to move us along the right path and know that we are doing the right thing. I think that in life, it's important to find a stable balance between having fun and the serious side to life such as healthy eating and work. We need to experience the right mix of good and bad to appreciate the times that come after we feel so confused and unworthy. Our emotions move through a period of haziness and confusion, and come out with a sense of clarity; understanding. Australia zoo was a very important day, and i needed to spend that quality time with my dad. I do miss him, and it's been weird getting used to living with just my mum and two brothers but i understand that through life circumstances change therefore its important to understand the change, adjust and continue living life as normal. Sometimes though, its hard not to think about the times your family was once together as one. This morning i received a text message from my mum telling me that The Models singer, James Freud died, and was found by his family in their Hawthorn home. I read over the message more than once, and was immediately shell shocked. My heart went out to my old school friend, his mum and his older brother. When sad news is told to you, its interesting how you react. I didn't know what to say and i just wanted to see him, grab him and hold him. After reading news stories, it truly set in and today i couldn't help but appreciate even more the time i just spent with my dad at the zoo, and the many days more i'm going to spend with him. I messaged my friend straight away sending my condolences and warmest thoughts. I couldn't even begin to imagine what him and his family are going through.

So many songs remind me of different times in my life and when i jumped in the car today i decided not to listen to the radio. I drove in silence. Many thoughts were running through my mind at different times today and i cried. I'm saddened now, as i write this but writing what i feel helps me to process whats going on. After yesterday i decided i wouldn't bother trying anymore. Whats the point in trying when they don't want anything with you. I'm tired of selfish behavior and trust me guys, it's so important to be empathetic. You just never know what else is going on behind face value. We are young and at the best of times walking on sunshine. I wouldn't mind spending everyday out in the pouring rain as long as i was happy. I'm still not well, the typical gold coast sore throat, headaches, a bit of a fever but it didn't stop me cooking vegetable soup for nourishment, and spending the night playing guitar hero with my family and a great friend of mine. I think its taken its toll though i feel so worn out and i even needed ventolin. Typical. We were going to spend the night in Surfers at Karaoke but things didn't go to plan so we brought the karaoke to our loungeroom. I think it's kinda cooler anyways! I really wish  guitar hero had Come said the boy.. nevertheless rocking out Blink 182, Foo Fighters and yes, even megadeath - holy wars the punishment due. Pretty sweet night even if i can't talk properly.

Such is life, as they say, and i cant believe the events that have occurred in the past 48 hours. How life changes in a split second, so we must appreciate each day we have on this earth because you never know when it could be your last.

Jx

PS: I love you my friend for coming over this afternoon and tonight, you really made my day and you're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment